This tasty vegetarian curry is really flavoursome and filling. It will take about an hour to cook but it's well worth the wait and will really impress your flatmates. Serve the curry on a bed of basmati rice for a deliciously indulgent home-cooked meal that also happens to be good for you!
This recipe serves 4 people - so why not treat your flatmates?
You will need:
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 2 tins Chickpeas
- Vegetable stock cube, made into 2 cups of stock
- Half a cauliflower, chopped up
- 3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss cauliflower and tomatoes in one tablespoon of olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper then pop into the over to roast for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occassionally, until golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and stir for another minute.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the mixture along with the roasted tomatoes.
- Add 2 cups of stock and bring the mixture to a boil. When it boils, reduce the heat and cover.
- Leave to simmer gently for about 8 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occassionally, until cauliflower is warmed through and chickpeas are tender. This will take about another 8 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the spinach and season the curry with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.