Looking for some new student-friendly recipes? This glazed salmon is a great dish for students to make; simple and hassle-free, it doesn't use too many ingredients yet the finished product is sophisticated and delicious. Perfect for showing off to your flatmates or for a date!
We think this easy-to-make salmon goes best with some fresh new potatos and green beans, or alongside a simple noodle dish.
This recipe serves four people.
You will need:
- Four boned salmon fillets
- Half a red onion
- 1/3 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 80ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion and pepper. Crush the garlic.
- Mix together the onion, pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Submerge the salmon in the mixture and leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour or so.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove each piece of salmon from the marinade mixture and lay on a baking tray.
- Spoon some of the marinade mixture onto and around each piece of salmon.
- Cover the baking tray with a sheet of foil, being careful that the foil does not rest on the salmon.
- Pop the baking tray in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!