Stuck for something to do during the long summer break? If you're a student living at iQ Bloomsbury, iQ Hoxton, iQ Shoreditch or iQ Kingston and are lucky enough to be in London this summer, check out some of the fantastic sporting events London has to offer you this year...
1. The Prudential Ride
The Prudential Ride London weekend will be held on 1st & 2nd of August and consists of 4 events - book your place today:
- Freecycle: A free to participate cycling event held on closed roads around central London.
- Grand Prix: Free to attend Professional women’s crit racing on a circuit around St James Park.
- London-Surrey 100: unfortunately all places have been taken for this event.
- London-Surrey Classic: Free to attend Professional men’s cycling road race.
2. The Rugby World Cup
While this is not strictly being held in the summer and not all of the games are being played in London, there will be plenty of opportunities to see world class rugby at Wembley, Twickenham & the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Stadium. The Rugby World Cup will take place between 18th September and the 31st October:
3. The FA Cup Final
The FA Cup Final will be held at Wembley Stadium on the 30th May. One of the biggest games in the English footballing calendar is played every year at Wembley Stadium, is your favourite team still in the competition?
Wimbledon Tennis Championship will run from 29th June to 12th July. The big question is, can home grown talent Andy Murray put in the performance of his life to win the completion once again?
5. The European Hockey Championships
The European Hockey Championships will be played between 21st & 30th August at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis centre located in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The top eight teams in the men’s and women’s game compete for supremacy in Europe...