HR Assistant / Advisor
London, Central Services
Closed - Monday 16th March 2015
The HR Assistant will provide generalist HR and recruitment support to the business. Supporting the HR Manager with providing advice and guidance to line managers on a range of HR activities including recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation and benefits and learning and development.
a) Employee Relations (ER)
- To provide support and guidance to line managers and employees on HR and ER issues as required.
- To provide support to line managers on disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings ensuring such processes are followed in accordance with best practise. This will include attending formal meetings across the UK.
- To support the drafting and updating of policy documents to ensure legal compliance and best practise is maintained.
- To conduct recruitment campaigns from beginning to end, ensuring that the process is carried out with cost and time parameters and best practise is followed.
- To carry out the HR induction with new starters where required.
- To actively contribute to social media content on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter promoting iQ as an employer of choice by providing interesting relevant information.
- To review and monitor the recruitment, on-boarding and induction processes making recommendations for improvements to the HR Manager.
- To respond to all speculative applications accordingly.
- To work with the HR Manager to source an applicant tracking system.
- To prepare formal offers of employment ensuring all the information is accurate and correct. Follow up with candidates so that paperwork is returned in advance of a start date and referencing can be obtained.
- To prepare terms and conditions of change correspondence for employees ensuring the correct authorisations are received in advance.
- To process leavers documentation and draft correspondence accordingly. Advise leavers on terms and benefit options including pensions and salary sacrifice arrangements.
- To ensure that the HR/Payroll database is accurately updated with all starters, leavers and changes in time for the payroll deadlines.
- To liaise with the outsourced pay bureau with any changes that are required that cannot be updated through the database.
- To support the HR Manager with the monthly payroll checks across 5 payrolls in advance of the BACS processing deadlines.
e) Management Information
- To maintain the HR/Payroll database so that it accurately reflects the organisational changes within the Company.
- To report on HR metrics such as turnover, absence, headcount, costs on a monthly basis.
- To support line managers and employees with the self service features of the HR database.
f) Compensation and Benefits
- To assist in the pay review and bonus process.
- To undertake benchmarking of salaries and benefits across the business in advance of the annual pay review process and ad-hoc as required.
- Support HR Manager with pensions auto-enrolment that will take place August 15.
g) Learning and Development
- To assist with the annual performance review process across the business, analysing the completed PDR’s to identify development needs for the forthcoming year.
- To develop learning initiatives for line managers to support their ongoing development with people management.
- To support line managers with sourcing appropriate external training for their teams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
To be successful in the role you will be educated to degree level and preferably have some CIPD qualifications. You will also have:
- Experience of working within a generalist HR role within a fast paced commercial organisation.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, social networking and general use of IT
- Proficient in the use of HR databases including running reports.
- Previous experience of running recruitment campaigns.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise initiative.
- An ability to liaise across the organisation and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Previous experience of advising on ER issues and a good understanding of employment law.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
Human Resources Department