In-House Graphic Designer (6 Months)
London, Central Services
Closed - Friday 13th March 2015
The In-House Graphic Designer will focus largely on supporting iQ’s Marketing with Online and Printed artwork, but will also involve other activities within all areas of the iQ marketing strategy.
a) Production of Marketing Collateral
- Produce all template marketing collateral including posters, leaflets, fact sheets and adverts in-house using inDesign software
- Designing signage such as hoardings, window vinyls and wayfinding signs
- Creating room layout plans and building plans for all iQ rooms and sites
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Working on layouts and artworking pages ready for print;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Create HTML e-mailers and manage send outs via Campaign Monitor
- Design and create online advertising including website banners in GIF and flash
- Ensure all customer facing material conforms to iQ brand standards
b) Marketing Strategy
- Work with the central marketing team to ensure social media platforms are regularly updated with innovative, engaging on-brand content.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the iQ brand in becoming a nationally recognised leader of quality student accommodation
Essential Skills and Experience:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience of youth advertising or working with a youth brand.
- Experience of working within a team
- Proficiency in use of Social Media
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise initiative
- Ability to liaise and work in a professional manner with a wide range of people, departments and organisations.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite, particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good knowledge of HTML Previous experience of a marketing role, working within a student residential environment and a degree in graphic design would be desirable.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
Human Resources Department