Closing date - Friday 24th April 2015
The Accommodation Assistant will provide the first point of contact for all students at iQ Sheffield either at reception or by telephone. You will also provide general administrative support to the Assistant Manager and Accommodation Manager and in the following areas marketing, building management, tenancy administration, relations and development of student social activities.
- To meet and greet, students, contractors and all site visitors at reception.
- Provide full administration support to the Accommodation Management including maintaining accurate data, records, typing reports/documents, producing leaflets and posters.
- Ensure all reception duties are delivered efficiently and effectively: key management and distribution, hoovers, post / parcels;
- To assist the site management to ensure that iQ Sheffield meets all the necessary Health and Safety requirements.
- Respond positively to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with the complaints procedure.
- Undertake marketing activities such as attending open days and leafleting to promote accommodation, responding to enquires and showing prospective students around the accommodation.
- Arranging and organising social events throughout the academic calendar year; implement a social student diary with regular events providing both information / support and social activities
- Actively use social media (facebook, twitter, blogs etc) to promote the accommodation, location attractions and interesting relevant information.
- Chase outstanding rent arrears following rent collection procedures to meet site targets;
- Develop and maintain resource of information appropriate for the student population e.g. travel, entertainment, health, counselling and welfare, and other local key services.
Essential Skills and Experience:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C or equivalent (inc. Maths & English) and 2 A-Levels or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a busy customer focused/service environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, social networking and general use of IT.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and to exercise initiative.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
Human Resources Department