1. These terms and conditions apply to all applicants who complete an iQ 2020/21 Tenancy Agreement before 24th October 2020.
2. To be eligible to benefit from these terms and conditions, your original Tenancy Agreement must be for a minimum tenancy length of 39 weeks, with a scheduled Tenancy Start Date (as defined in your Tenancy Agreement) on or before 3rd October 2020.
3. In the event that your nominated university or higher education institution (“HEI”) postpones the start of its 2020/21 academic year by more than 7 days, you may request to amend your Tenancy Start Date to the earlier of:
(a) any date up to including the penultimate Saturday prior to your revised term start date (for example, if your term start date is moved to 26th October, the latest you could request your amended Tenancy Start Date to be would be Saturday 17th October); or
(b) Saturday 31st October 2020
4. Should you wish to amend your Tenancy Start Date in accordance with the terms set out above, you will be required to log in to the iQ Resident Portal or iQ Resident App and complete the online form before 30th September 2020. You will be required to upload evidence of your delayed course start date as part of the process.
5. In the event your HEI, following the postponement of the start of its academic year, subsequently decides to bring forward the start of its academic year, you agree to move your Tenancy Start Date forward to the later of:
(a) your original Tenancy Start Date; or
(b) the penultimate Saturday prior to your updated term start date (for example, if your term start date is moved to 26th October, your amended Tenancy Start Date would be Saturday 17th October)
6. Once your Tenancy Start Date is agreed by iQ and amended, we will adjust the amount of Rent you have committed to pay within your Tenancy Agreement in one of the following ways:
(a) If you have paid the Rent due under your Tenancy Agreement in full, we will refund you the value of Rent for the period between your original Tenancy Start Date and your revised Tenancy Start Date.
(b) If you are paying by installments, we will make a pro-rata adjustment to each of your unpaid rent installments that are due after 1st September 2020. The adjustments will reflect the value of Rent for the period between your original Tenancy Start Date and your revised Tenancy Start Date.
7. Customers will not be eligible for this promotion if they have booked their accommodation through an HEI or have not entered into a Tenancy Agreement directly with iQ (this includes any circumstances where an HEI or any other third party has acted as an agent of iQ) (“Indirect Bookers”). Indirect Bookers are advised to contact their HEI accommodation office.
8. iQ is continuing to monitor the current situation in relation to the start of the 2020/21 academic year and may amend or revoke these terms at any time.