At iQ, we value diversity in both our employees and tenants. We strive to create a productive, harmonious environment that is both representative of and responsive to different cultures and groups. We believe we have a responsibility as a company to embrace diversity, challenge unfair practices, and oppose all forms of discrimination.
iQ believes that all employees and tenants have the right to be free from harassment and bullying of any description, whether based on sex, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, disability, age, political or religious belief or sexuality.
We believe that both staff members and clients have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to ensuring that the services we provide do not discriminate against our clients and customers.
How is the equality and diversity policy put into practice?
- iQ provides accessible facilities and services for disabled students (with no additional charge) and will make reasonable adjustments to students' rooms if necessary.
- iQ treats all students and staff with a non-judgemental attitude.
- While students may be offered the opportunity to book a room in a single-sex flat if available, students will not be allocated or withheld rooms on the basis of sex, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, disability, age, political or religious belief or sexuality.
- iQ does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation against employees, students or third parties at iQ sites.
- iQ will fully investigate complaints from employees, students or third parties at iQ sites who feel they have been unfairly discriminated against.