Feeling secure in how we live with others has never been more important. COVID-19 is creating a “new normal” where we are all even more mindful of our own safety and wellbeing, as well as that of the people around us. At iQ, we have taken a number of steps to protect residents and staff; creating an environment where our residents can feel confident, relaxed and safe. We believe this is our essential role – to create a safe, welcoming home away from home for every student who chooses iQ.
“The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our top priority. Unlike many businesses, we have continued operating throughout the pandemic, providing safe and welcoming homes for the many thousands of students who have stayed with us. With the steps we have taken, and continue to take, we are adapting our properties and ways of working so that our residents can live confidently in the new reality that COVID-19 has created.”
-Matt Merrick, COO
Every property has a dedicated housekeeping and maintenance team who keep our buildings clean, hygienic and well maintained.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols are in place, with increased disinfection of heavy traffic areas such as lifts and common spaces
- Sanitiser stations are installed in reception and common areas
- Any member of staff entering a student room wears PPE
- Specialist room cleans can be booked via our partners
Our expert teams – on site around the clock - continue to provide high standards of resident service, whilst prioritising their safety and wellbeing.
- ‘Minimal contact’ post management processes are in place to manage resident deliveries safely
- Social distancing and protections in place in reception, keeping both students and staff safe
- Fire Life Safety procedures have been prioritised and maintained, including planning for fire drills with social distancing measures in place
Social distancing may become part of our new normal, but we know how important it is to have different spaces to relax in and enjoy.
- Signage to provide social distancing guidance and instructions has been installed
- Movement flows have been considered to support social distancing
- Gyms, games rooms, cinemas, lounges and study spaces will be reopened with social distancing in mind – keeping numbers to a minimum to allow residents to use these spaces, whilst maintaining a healthy distance
- Where possible, spaces will be reconfigured to support distancing, and in all cases, signage will be used to guide residents on safely utilising these spaces
- Enhanced cleaning of the areas will be implemented, and wipe dispensers installed for residents
- All common space entry points will have sanitiser stations installed
We know that university can be an exciting and daunting time, especially when students are away from home for the first time. Sometimes a little more support is needed.
- Staff on site around the clock, so there is always someone on hand to help
- We have Mental Health First Aid trained staff on hand across our properties
- Our partnership with Nightline means that all iQ residents have access to their valuable peer to peer listening service, and someone to talk to
- During this time of social distancing, advice on how to cope with feeling lonely comes from our partner Relate, the UK’s leading relationship charity
Whilst we are all maintaining social distance, collaboration, community and human connection will remain more important than ever. And it doesn’t have to be physical.
- We’ve launched a virtual events programme to keep residents engaged – from HIIT, yoga and boxing classes, to music evenings, cooking nights and productivity workshops, the entertainment has continued
- iQ Clubs – our virtual book and supper clubs – have grown and are keeping residents connected
Residents can choose from a wide range of room types that best suit them – from single living in studios, dual occupancy in twodios, or sharing a flat with friends.
- Residents can choose their exact room or flat when booking
- Our group booking facility makes it possible for residents to book whole flats for them and their friends, guaranteeing they can live together
We are committed to doing right by our students – it’s why we let students leave their contracts early in response to COVID-19. You can making your booking for the coming year with complete confidence, knowing that your start date with us is flexible if your course date changes.Find out more