iQ Student Accommodation is a member of the National Codes of Standards. These are schemes designed to provide a minimum set of professional standards for larger student accommodation providers regarding their accommodation management. This offers students peace of mind in knowing that we follow professional standards of service.
The Codes ensures that tenants receive good standards of housing management. Disputes and misunderstandings are reduced, and where problems do occur they are resolved quickly.
The benefits of living in student accommodation which complies with the Codes include the following:
- Your contract is clearly written stating your rent amount and any other fees that you need to pay
- Your accommodation is ready for you when you arrive
- Your accommodation, including all furniture and fittings are in a reasonable condition
- Your accommodation is secure
- Repairs and maintenance will be carried out within agreed timescales
- Your accommodation complies with health and safety standards which covers such things as fire prevention and electrical safety
- A set procedure is in place to deal with disputes and complaints effectively.
For further information, visit the National Code’s website.